Subject: Re: Does the Pro Compiler need 1 meg of Chip RAM? (fwd)
From: Chris Richards <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS posting <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 10:04:41 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 29 Sep 93 08:41:36 GMT+10
From: Paul Reece <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Does the Pro Compiler need 1 meg of Chip RAM?

>> I wouldn't have thought it did, but I've run into a nasty problem getting
>> any of my programs compiled with the Pro compiler to run under a computer
>> with only 512K chip RAM.  I can't swear that it's the chip RAM thing
>> thatis the problem, but I can take a program that runs fine when compiled
>> with the old compiler, run it through the new one, and have it crash on
>> computers with only 512K chip ram while continuing to work fine on all
>> other computers with > 512K chip RAM.  Different systems, different CPU
>> speeds, different memory configurations, and different models (A500, A1200,
>> A200) don't seem to make any difference.  The only variable that is crash
>> consistent is the chip RAM.
>>
>> Now, that being said, is this working the way it is supposed to?  Did I
>> just miss the documentation that programs compiled under the Pro compiler
>> need at least 1 meg of chip RAM to work (could have happened)?  Am I wrong
>> in my diagnosis?  Is there something wrong with the compiler?  Enquiring
>> minds want to know ...
>
>Have you been squashing the compiled programs???  On my setup (1/2meg Chip &

Negative on the squashing thing.  These are just plain old programs run
after being compiled in the Pro environment.  They work fine on a 512K
chip RAM when compiled using AMOS 1.36 but do not work after being
compiled by Pro.  The same program.  Why?

Chris R

>1.5 Meg Fast) I can't run ANY programs squashed with the AmosPro compiler..
>
>Maybe that is the problem - Has anyone else had this trouble with the
>Pro compiler and squashing????
>
>
>- Paul